Engineering Manager, Service Foundation
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
The Developer Experience team designs, develops, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
Some Of Our Present And Future Challenges Include
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Build out your team to execute on a strategy and create more efficient, more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor your ICs and be a leader for the Developer Experience team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years with technical leadership over high performing engineering teams.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design.
- 3+ years experience developing and managing teams focused in Go and Python
- Strong focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software at scale.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.