Staff Data Scientist, Core Experience Analytics
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are excited to bring a Staff Data Scientist to work with our Core Experience team! This team focuses on the user experience across Reddit’s main engagement and discovery surfaces. These include our feeds (home, popular, news, and others) where users find content from across the platform, and our post and video pages where users can dive into the conversations.
As the Staff Data Scientist embedded on the team, you will uncover insights on how users consume content and engage across these surfaces, and partner with product and engineering teams to drive impact from those insights through creating new features or modifying the existing user experience. You will be one of the most senior individual contributors on the team and will help lead all parts of the product lifecycle from setting strategy, driving execution, measuring results, and using learnings to inform future decisions. You will also work closely with data scientists from other pillars, including experimentation, feeds ranking, and growth to ensure our priorities and strategies are aligned with the broader organization.
- Help build the long term product vision and strategy for feeds and post detail pages to simplify the user experience and enhance engagement.
- Design and measure metrics that help evaluate the health of the business and the success of our products, including ETL development needed for consistent and robust analysis
- Build self-serve tools for product and engineering partners that help scale data science impact and increase data literacy in the organization
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in strategic roadmaps
- Design and evaluate experiments for product features to understand the effectiveness of product strategy
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, and design teams to ensure insights make it to the product
- Scale your work to other parts of the data organization through mentoring more junior data scientists, improving processes, and providing perspective on the most important problems
- Have proven experience in data science and/or product analytics roles (6 or more years)
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Are familiar with statistical analysis and the preferred programming languages of the team (R / Python)
- Have a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and enthusiastic about solving problems
- Are comfortable in innovative and fast-paced environments, and have a bias toward action.
- Can discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoy solving ambiguous and undefined problems
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.