Senior Software Engineer, Ads Marketplace Quality
We’re evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we’re excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one - join us!
Ads Marketplace Quality team strives to find the right balance between user interests and advertiser needs, and drive long term business impact for the company.
Some examples that you will be responsible of are
- Developing systems that improve ads quality and relevance
- Designing experiments to shape the utility function
- Innovating in auction mechanism
- Developing supply optimization algorithms
- Revealing insights of marketplace dynamics and tradeoffs
You will have the opportunity to improve the connection between Reddit users and our partners.
- Design, build and improve backend systems to maximize values for users and advertisers
- Design and develop experiments to build understanding of long term marketplace efficiency
- Design end-to-end technical solutions to customer problems
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Lead other engineers in implementing technical designs
- Collaborate with product managers and data scientists to innovate and build products
- 3+ years of industry experience in large-scale distributed systems.
- 4+ years experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Go, Java, Scala, C++, Python)
- A track record of developing and improving highly scalable and reliable serving systems
- A track record of leading sized projects that require cross-team and cross-functional collaborations
- Strong interest in ads quality problems and delivering quantifiable business impact.
- Experience in building products using A/B testing framework is preferred
- Background in computational advertising is preferred
- Languages: Golang, Scala
- Frameworks: Thrift, Baseplate, Kafka
- Datastores: Postgres, Druid, Redis, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Airflow, Docker
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.