Senior Software Engineer, Ads Marketplace Quality
We’re evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we’re excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one - join us!
Ads Marketplace Quality team strives to find the right balance between user interests and advertiser needs, and drive long term business impact for the company.
Some examples that you will be responsible of are
- Developing systems that improve ads quality and relevance
- Designing experiments to shape the utility function
- Innovating in auction mechanism
- Developing supply optimization algorithms
- Revealing insights of marketplace dynamics and tradeoffs
You will have the opportunity to improve the connection between Reddit users and our partners.
- Design, build and improve backend systems to maximize values for users and advertisers
- Design and develop experiments to build understanding of long term marketplace efficiency
- Design end-to-end technical solutions to customer problems
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Lead other engineers in implementing technical designs
- Collaborate with product managers and data scientists to innovate and build products
- 3+ years of industry experience in large-scale distributed systems.
- 4+ years experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Go, Java, Scala, C++, Python)
- A track record of developing and improving highly scalable and reliable serving systems
- A track record of leading sized projects that require cross-team and cross-functional collaborations
- Strong interest in ads quality problems and delivering quantifiable business impact.
- Experience in building products using A/B testing framework is preferred
- Background in computational advertising is preferred
- Languages: Golang, Scala
- Frameworks: Thrift, Baseplate, Kafka
- Datastores: Postgres, Druid, Redis, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Airflow, Docker
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off