Staff Product Manager, Content Discovery (EST timezone only)
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. However, to accommodate the distributed nature of the SEO team as well as the rest of Reddit’s workforce, candidates in the Eastern Timezone are preferred (US & CAN).
Reddit’s mission is “Bringing Community, Belonging, and Empowerment to Everyone in the World” and we do this by bringing over 52 million people together each day (DAU) through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the community.
Our members create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the Reddit experience. Reddit already inspires hundreds of millions of people each month, and the Top of Funnel team is responsible for driving the overall growth of the Reddit audience.
We are seeking a product leader who can help us connect even more current and future users around the globe to the right content and communities. Reporting to our Director of Product, this role will be responsible for accelerating Reddit’s growth by working with a cross-functional team on new SEO features and initiatives to help us truly deliver on the “Everyone in the World” portion of our mission. While the immediate and primary area of focus will be on SEO, this role will also assist on broader Top of Funnel initiatives around content discovery, such as improving off-platform content syndication.
You will guide the team’s roadmap and prioritization, write feature specs, develop expected outcomes, measure results, and iterate. You will share learnings and best practices with the rest of the team and the company at large. You will be responsible for helping to set and deliver on the team’s commitments. You will have the latitude to try new ideas and experiment with new features in the service of realizing one of Reddit’s largest opportunities.
If leading a product that impacts hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Lead strategy and development of the roadmap for features that drive discovery and top-of-funnel growth for Reddit
- Facilitating, managing, and prioritizing a robust product backlog
- Collaborating and working closely with multiple teams, including engineering, data science, research and design on developing new features/specs and driving execution
- Analyzing feature/experiment results and communicating learnings to the team and the company
- Synthesizing insights by analyzing data to help build better product features
- Working closely with internal business, operations and partnerships teams in launching and maintaining features that impact Reddit’s growth
- 5+ years in product management, ideally in a technology company
- Proven track record of setting vision and strategy for building and launching complex products
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to utilize strong analytical skills to solve complex problems implementing data led decisions
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with SQ
- Passionate about testing and learning at a fast pace
- Strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- CS / Economics / Mathematics / Engineering / DS background
- 7+ years in product management
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.