Head of Ads Business Development
Reddit is hiring a Head of Advertising Business Development to lead all business development related to the advertising business globally. This person will focus on partnering with the advertising leadership teams to develop a comprehensive partnership strategy and related pipeline. Over time, the person will build out a success based team as we grow the advertising business. The ideal candidate is someone who has 10+ years of online/mobile advertising related experience, ideally at a social or other consumer media platform.
This is one role that can be based out of our San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York City offices.
- Partner with Reddit’s advertising organization to develop and execute on a comprehensive partnership strategy accelerating Reddit’s revenue growth globally
- Work closely with ads product and engineering teams to understand roadmaps and needs to help inform deal sourcing and priorities
- Conduct rigorous analysis to develop partner pipelines and detailed deal term guidance
- Lead diligence and deal negotiation efforts, coordinating with product, engineering, sales, finance, tax, procurement, privacy and legal teams
- Deep dive into local contractual and operational nuances, and establishment of global contractual frameworks covering business, legal and privacy remits
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure successful partnership hand-off, integration, and operationalization
- Handle ongoing amendments, and renewals, while advocating for and negotiating new deal terms that might arise with partners
- Provide ongoing thought leadership on platform and business strategy, working lockstep with the Advertising org to help drive global strategy and growth
- 10+ years of general business development and partnership experience
- Extensive experience driving multiple deals from start to finish: comprehensive strategy development, partner identification, term sheet /legal agreement negotiation, partner onboarding, and post deal amendment/renewals
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company including legal, privacy, finance, tax, procurement, corporate development etc.
- Excellent communication skills whether it is presenting to c-staff, senior executives or sharing your strategy with the broader company
- Self-motivated problem solver who can work in a unstructured environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Experience building and managing teams
- MBA / JD or other advanced degree preferred but not required
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.