Staff Data Scientist, Threat Detection
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our Threat Detection team. The Threat Detection team focuses on identifying trends in platform activity signaling potential or existing threats, providing intelligence to relevant stakeholders, and implementing the automation required to enforce. Our scope includes influence operations and harmful, scaled activity that is relevant to any of our policy violations.
You will partner with the Safety Enforcement teams (threat analysis, operations, and policy) as well as Safety Signals product and engineering team, User Research, and our Community Team. You will
- Leverage data to inform strategic directions of safety signal development, aid in incident response, automate detection and enforcement, and provide intelligence on ecosystems
- Operationalize and evolve Threat Detections metrics that measure the impact of our targeted enforcement
- Provide guidance to the rest of the company on how to ingest our signals to prevent further exposure of harmful content.
- Disseminate intelligence gathered to other safety stakeholders and executive decision makers.
Our intelligence helps us understand any gaps in our existing enforcement policies which puts us at the cutting edge of understanding and investigating behavior on the platform. We value upleveling our peers, understanding the perspective of adversaries, and interest in keeping up with new attack vectors.
What You Will Do:
- Inform Safety and non-safety stakeholders with intelligence relating to threats on the platform using data
- Partner with Threat Analysts to provide tooling, support, and thought partnership when performing investigations.
- Partner with product, engineering, enforcement teams and user research to provide thought partnership, strategic influence and execution support
- Be an end-to-end project owner from ideation to implementation and influence -- whatever that’s needed to create impact and carry out our mission
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of data science industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in intelligence analysis, skills in threat hunting and information operations is a plus
- Proficiency with relational database (SQL), programming (Python or R), statistics, and network analyses
- Motivated and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.