Staff Backend Engineer, Moderation
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be. We do have some Reddit offices and if you are near one you are welcome to go at any cadence.
The Moderation and Governance organization’s mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that enable moderators to create and grow meaningful, destination communities. Moderators are a key pillar of Reddit’s success, and act as community leaders and tastemakers, ensuring there’s something on Reddit for everyone. With such huge responsibility it is important that Reddit can empower mods, users, and Reddit to maintain a transparent, sustainable, and adaptable balance of ownership and accountability within their communities.
This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
What We Are Looking For:
- 8+ years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Go, Python, Rust, Ruby.
- Experienced with GraphQL, REST, HTTP, Thrift or gRPC basics, and the ability to design and implement maintainable APIs.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams in a fully remote environment and the ability to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off