Staff Product Designer, Growth
As the Staff Designer for Growth, you will drive big, innovative ideas that bring new users to the platform and create delightful experiences that connect them to Reddit communities they’ll love early in their journey. Working across our web and native experiences, you’ll help set the stage for positive early impressions by architecting journeys that help users discover authentic conversations around their passions – helping them move from a curious visitor to an engaged contributor. Partnering with Research, Engineering, Product, and i18n members, you will work to address the unique challenges of the new user experience, designing and shipping solutions that help them discover the unique value of Reddit from Day 1.
What you’ll do
- Conceptualize and drive non-obvious step-change improvements that push Reddit further, and help the team chart a path to get there
- Understand the unique needs, behaviors, and perceptions of new Redditors and translate those into delightful experiences
- Contribute to early UX thinking on user-led growth experiences that make it easier for Redditors to bring their friends to the platform and enhance human connection on-platform
- Drive consensus across diverse teams through effective exploration, communication, and presentation to design peers and senior executives
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery
- Up-level the team’s quality of craft by inspiring and mentoring more junior designers
- Partner with our Internalization UX team to ensure experiences scale to new users around the world
Who you might be
- 8+ years of work experience
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and web
- Experience in social or consumer-facing products is a plus
- An inspired story-teller with strong written and presentation skills who is adept at bringing others along in their process for maximum buy-in and impact
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- A tinkerer who’s constantly excited to iterate and evolve through testing and research
- A role model, mentor, and motivator for other designers: You are excited to be part of a high-performing team who empathizes with Reddit users and makes great design decisions
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.