Staff Software Engineer, Web Platform
The mission of the Web Platform team is to design, explore and create a solid foundation for our web products. Our customers are primarily other engineers. It’s our job to help improve developer efficiency by providing libraries/APIs/frameworks, monitoring performance, improving build tools, etc. This role will enable us to execute one of the most important projects for the company now - a complete redesign of the web experience. Part of this role’s responsibilities will be to own the design and execution of the complete redesign of Reddit Website both on mobile and desktop. In addition, this role will be instrumental in developing systems that help improve the quality, performance, and observability of the application.
What We’re Working On
- Architecture redesign of our Frontend platform.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Can Expect From You
- Experience with NodeJS and one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Expert with software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Build a highly scalable, high quality, and low latency Web Platform at Reddit’s scale.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Build, and maintain feature systems spanning web and backend services.
- Participate in the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.