Data Science Manager, Ads Platform & Experience
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Advertising is Reddit’s primary revenue driver and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities. We believe our community-centric platform has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a highly differentiated ads business.
We are looking for a results-oriented and strategically minded Data Science Manager to work with our Ads Platform and Experience product development teams to provide a richer ads experience to users while also working towards a best-in-class advertiser experience on our platform. You will lead a team of seven product data scientists in collaborating with Product, Engineering, & Design to develop and execute on an ambitious roadmap.
If helping Reddit’s advertising business reach the next level excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a company with one of the highest employee : user ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope & impact.
- Inspire, lead, and grow a team of data scientists to achieve our longer term vision
- Drive analytics projects end-to-end in partnership with Product, Engineering, and other partners to inform product strategy and investment decisions.
- Actively influence the design of the strategy and shaping of the roadmap. Generate and use team insights to set and prioritize longer term goals.
- Create and implement A/B testing, experimentation, and other statistical frameworks to analyze product performance.
- Continually develop & execute on a Data Science roadmap and vision for your team
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
- Be an integral part of the Data Science Org, leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for a Product Data Science team
- 2+ years of management experience
- Ability to communicate & discuss low-level technical topics as well as high-level strategies.
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Track-record driving product roadmap and execution
- Ability to provide structure and tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.