Staff Product Manager, Data API
Reddit has an amazing history of individual and community-driven innovation. With no official support, thousands of user scripts, self-identified bots and services run against our API and enrich the experience Redditors have on our platform. Furthermore, the value of Reddit data has powered the creation and growth of numerous businesses. The goal of the Reddit Developer Platform team is to further empower communities to innovate while establishing a significant new business centered on our Data API.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager with a strong technical background to lead our Data API. You will play a pivotal role in not only evolving the existing Data API, but also spearheading initiatives to monetize API products effectively. This is a unique opportunity to join a key pillar of one of the most important consumer products on the Internet.
- Develop a product strategy for our API product suite, setting vision, goals and roadmaps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Engineering, UX/UI Design, Marketing, and Customer Support to deliver high-quality API products
- Conduct market research to identify user needs, trends, and competitive opportunities to enhance API offerings
- Develop comprehensive product requirements and documentation to drive API development
- Prioritize and manage development backlogs, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met
- Measure and analyze API performance, usage, and adoption, and drive continuous improvement based on findings
- Act as a product evangelist, fostering relationships with the developer community and promoting API products
- Drive the creation of developer resources, such as documentation, tutorials, and sample code
- Identify and exploit revenue generation opportunities through innovative API product development and enhancement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, ideally for developer-facing products.
- Strong understanding of API design, development, and lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Clear passion for Reddit and it’s mission
- Proven experience in managing and delivering API products
- Experience using Reddit’s APIs
- MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.