Tech Lead - Staff iOS Engineer, Developer Platform
The Developer Platform’s mission is to empower our community of 3rd party developers and moderators to extend Reddit with useful and exciting features.
We’ve built a Reddit-flavored SDK for server driven cross-platform UI, a compute platform, and lots of entry-points into Reddit products.
We’re looking for someone to lead our mobile efforts as a tech lead and major contributor. This is a high impact role where you will have the opportunity to shape our mobile rendering engine, data layer and network stack to power rich, real-time experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a tech lead for the mobile efforts, working in conjunction with 4-6 other mobile developers.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing and writing both code and tech docs.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- 8+ years of experience in iOS development
- 1+ year of tech leadership experience
- Experience working on a 0-1 team and product, inventing technologies to meet novel use cases
- You love writing technical docs and convincing others of your approach.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and to deliver projects on schedule.
- Exceptional communication skills with peers, cross-functional partners and leadership
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.