Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Reddit SRE is rapidly innovating and leading the company on a mission to meet Redditor’s user-experience expectations. Our teams are working to meet the needs of infrastructure and development teams as they evolve our product faster than ever before. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on Reddit’s Infrastructure SRE team, you’ll use your knowledge of distributed systems and architecture to improve the reliability and performance of Reddit’s engineering platforms and services. You’ll also build internal services that empower our internal customers–peer engineering teams–to develop, deploy, and operate their own services at Reddit scale.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Advise: Work closely with engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient and highly performant at tremendous scale.
- Amplify: Identify and build capabilities into our foundational Infrastructure and Platform services, which are used by Reddit engineering teams to build, deploy, and operate Reddit.
- Automate: Take repetitive, manual, or risky tasks and automate them out of existence. Build tools and integrate systems to support Reddit’s evolution.
- Diagnose: Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify and fix network, system, and service-level issues. Practice sustainable incident response, and drive structural improvement with blameless postmortems.
- Optimize: Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for millions of users.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused DevOps role.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages. We’re predominantly writing code in Go and Python.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud systems.
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems.
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code.
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and containers.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Private Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off