Senior Data Scientist, Recommendation Systems
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Our Consumer Data Science Team is growing and we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to partner with our Machine Learning teams at Reddit to help us build and improve the systems that decide what content each user gets to see when they land on Reddit.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Consumer Analytics team, you will define the product strategy through measurement design, experimentation and causal analyses and support product decisions that will keep making Reddit the top destination on the internet.
You will partner with other data scientists, machine learning engineers, Product Managers, and Designers, to drive community growth and discovery, user participation and engagement.
- Build the long term product vision and strategy for the ranking and personalization function.
- Become the resident subject matter expert for content understanding, Reddit recommendation systems, and their effects/outcomes on business metrics as well as the ecosystem of Reddit communities
- Build out ML capabilities, features and offline models.
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in strategic roadmaps
- Design and evaluate experiments for product feature experiments to understand the effectiveness of product strategy
- Work cross functionally with a variety of teams that depend on feeds ranking
- Scale your work through reproducibility and enable it’s extensibility to future personalization problems.
- 6+ years of industry experience in data science or an equivalent quantitative discipline (like product analytics)
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams that leverage Machine Learning for ranking or related projects,
- Proactivity when it comes to uncovering insights and providing strategic guidance, as opposed to working as a machine learning engineer (this is not a production level role)
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages strongly preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Strong customer and business focus
- Comfortable in innovative and fast-paced environments, and an innate ability to bias toward action
- Strong technical communication and demonstrated ability to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Must take pleasure in solving ambiguous and undefined problems!
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.