Contracts Manager (Ads)
We are looking for an experienced Ads Contracts Manager to join our Commercial Legal team, primarily supporting our ads sales team and the ads business generally. If you are excited by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact and be part of a team dedicated to helping Reddit continue to grow its advertising business, this role is for you. You will directly negotiate advertising contracts (e.g., IOs) and be Reddit’s go-to resource for ads contracting questions. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial Legal.
This position can be worked remotely from the NYC area.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and advise multiple stakeholders in our online advertising business, including our Ad Sales team, with a focus on efficiency and building relationships.
- Negotiate contracts with advertisers and vendors, including insertion orders and other ads sales agreements, ad tech agreements, and more.
- Regularly collaborate closely with experienced attorneys on our Commercial Legal team to identify, create, and implement improvements to our contracting procedures.
- Curate internal guidance pages, contract templates, and clause libraries.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders across our Sales, Ads Product Management, Finance, and other cross-functional teams.
- Be the first point of contact for our advertising Sales team’s questions regarding advertising contracts and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day support for the attorneys on our Commercial Legal team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (JD a plus)
- Demonstrated experience as a Contracts Manager (or equivalent) on an in-house legal team, with prior experience at a social media or other technology company a plus.
- Familiarity with and understanding of online advertising and ad sales.
- Experience negotiating insertion orders and other ads sales agreements is a significant plus.
- A self-starter who is organized, detail-oriented, efficient, and enjoys being productive.
- An enthusiastic problem-solver focused on process improvement.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- You're enthusiastic about Reddit as a platform and want to join us on our journey to continue growing our business.
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.