Engineering Manager, Scaled Ad Formats
Reddit has a strong following of users who come to reddit to find contents and have deep discussions they are interested in. Reddit offers unique and high engagement conversations, we’re the home of conversation on the internet. Our communities achieve fun, exciting, quirky things when they band together. Over the last few years we have been growing multiple ads types and now are a sizable ads player. We have multiple ad formats like image/video/carousel/takeovers etc. that advertisers rely on. This is where the scaled ad formats team comes into play in developing these formats to their V2 to V10 and beyond.
The team builds and develops ad formats to deliver strong user experiences that align with advertisers marketing goals. The team consists of a mix of frontend, backend and mobile engineers. We are looking for a product focused full stack engineering leader who will drive the scaled ads formats team and have to span multiple areas and work across multiple teams and organizations to ensure success.
Your team will focus on
- Enhancing formats to support new functionality that delight our advertisers
- Enable formats on various surfaces/placements
- Optimize formats for optimal user experience
- Build infrastructure to iterate and move faster
- Ensure ads work cohesively with the moving organic feed and sub-reddits/communities
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're remote friendly.
- Build and expand a team of frontend, backend, fullstack and mobile engineers.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to discover and build new reporting products. Be a thought leader in this process.
- Maintain and enhance the team culture of fast moving high quality products delivery and iteration.
- Ensure the long term success of both product and people growth
- Participate in and be the ultimate owner of the full development cycle: product ideation, design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be brainstorming, giving feedback on design docs, product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Collaborate with multiple teams that either have a dependency on Ad Formats or that the team depends on to ensure area success.
- Be nimble in this fast moving space.
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience partnering with product managers and designers to build new products
- Knowledge of full stack product development practices (Frontend and Backend)
- Leadership experience with working across other teams to achieve success
- Knowledge of social products or ad products
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.