Engineering Manager, New Ad Formats
Reddit has a strong following of users who come to reddit to find contents and have deep discussions they are interested in. Reddit offers unique and high engagement conversations, we’re the home of conversation on the internet. Our communities achieve fun, exciting, quirky things when they band together. Over the last few years we have been growing multiple ads types and now are a sizable ads player. The ad formats team has multiple ad formats that it supports and new ones it innovates on continuously. This is where this team comes in to build new products from 0 to V1 and V2, establish product market fit and help scale it. This includes both products that are industry unique and products that are newer to reddit but have established demand in the ads industry.
The team builds and develops ad formats to deliver strong user experiences that align with advertisers marketing goals. The team consists of a mix of frontend, backend and mobile engineers. We are looking for a product focused full stack engineering leader who will drive the new ad formats team to build on new products and iterate while partnering across multiple teams and organizations to ensure success.
Your team will focus on
- Building new formats to support with functionality that delight our advertisers
- Enable formats on various surfaces/placements
- Establish product market fit
- Iterate and pivot based on advertiser needs and product feedback
- Build infrastructure to iterate and move faster
- Build and expand a team of frontend, backend, fullstack and mobile engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and DS to discover and build new Ad products. Be a thought leader in this process.
- Participate in and be the ultimate owner of the full development cycle: product ideation, design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be brainstorming, giving feedback on design docs, product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Ensure a team culture of nimbleness, adaptability while also having high quality products delivery and iteration.
- Ensure the long term success of both product and people growth
- 1+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience partnering with product managers and designers to build new products
- Knowledge of full stack product development practices (Frontend and Backend)
- Leadership experience with working across other teams to achieve success
- Knowledge of social products or ad products
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.