Senior Data Scientist
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit has a flexible first workforce.
We are looking for a Senior level Machine Learning Data Scientist to build new ML and Optimization products to improve ad performance and advertiser ROI. You will work closely with engineers and product managers from the Advertiser Optimization team to uplevel the current budget delivery system and build ML-based auto-bidding products. This person is an industry technical leader in the online ads marketplace optimization domain with a solid technical background, strong business acumen, and excellent cross-functional stakeholders management skills.
- You will dive deep into the budget delivery system and build optimization algorithms to empower the entire ads marketplace. You will research and develop campaign budget optimization, ML-based PID controllers, auto-bidding products to improve advertisers’ performance and outcomes.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineers, leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Relevant experiences in ads marketplace (e.g. budget pacing, bidding)
- PhD or Master's degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 4+ years of industry data science experience required; If PhD degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry data science experience required)
- Proficiency in at least one of the areas: operations research, operations management, control theory, reinforcement learning, statistical modeling, and optimization
- Deep understanding of online experimentation and causal inference.
- Strong skills in programming (Python or R) and SQL
- Comfortable in innovative and fast-paced environments, and an innate ability to bias toward action
- Strong technical communication and demonstrated ability to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.