Security Engineer, CorpSec
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
If you work tirelessly to break into computer networks and just as tirelessly to ensure others cannot, we need you. The ideal candidate will work to modernize Reddit’s security controls and monitoring across our endpoint environment and SaaS platforms.
This position will be a core role within the Corporate Security team at Reddit. Current focus of Corporate security is to improve the Endpoint Security posture and detection capabilities, reduce insider threat risk, and evaluate the security posture of SaaS/Third party applications. This role will collaborate closely with IT to improve IT security posture.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, enhance, and implement endpoint detection and response rules and tooling for endpoint devices
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our IT team in implementing security best practices for SaaS and endpoint environments and support security initiatives like 2-factor authentication, automated encryption of client devices, DLP, etc.
- Build tools and processes for automating security controls and monitoring at scale
- Support security initiatives across the organization and harden our infrastructure against attack
- Recommend endpoint and SaaS mitigations and controls based on generated telemetry
- Provide recommendations and support for insider threat programs
- 3+ years of experience in IT security or building endpoint security solutions
- 2+ years endpoint administration or support experience with MacOS, Windows, and Linux devices
- Experience with executing endpoint hardening initiatives based on a common framework
- Experience with mobile device management technologies
- Experience with content filtering and classification and categorization concepts
- Experience with Crowdstrike, JAMF, Workspace One, and similar technologies
- Experience with DLP and Insider Threat concepts and mitigations
- Experience with email security components like DNS measures (DMARC, etc.) and phishing reporting flows
- Experience with implementing and operating forensics capabilities and incident response for an international remote-enabled workforce
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Ability to code in Python and shell scripts, query in SQL/BigQuery
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Terraform) and associated concepts
- Experience with threat and vulnerability management and remediation processes
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.