UK Community Operations (Contract)
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
This is a contract role.
We are searching for a strategic community management and operations expert to join the International Community team and help grow Reddit outside of the US. As an integral part of the Product organization, the International Community team plays a key role in helping Reddit realize its mission: bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
As the UK Community Operations, you will be at the forefront of jumpstarting and fostering local communities. Your in-depth understanding of local communities positions you as an expert capable of spearheading initiatives to connect with volunteer moderators on the platform. Your insights and the initiatives you launch in the market will be instrumental in refining, iterating, and scaling our international consumer playbook. The insights derived from your relationships and experiments will help accelerate our growth in the UK.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new team at one of the most influential consumer products on the internet. If developing and proving out a community relations and growth playbook in close tandem with Product that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of global Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Be a public face with our local volunteer moderators to build trust and drive engagement, mediating conflicts and helping drive solutions
- Cultivate, recruit, educate, and grow a local community of moderators, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Gain a deep understanding and specialized market knowledge to understand user and moderator pain points, competitors, and market opportunity
- Iterate, innovate, and scale the consumer growth playbook by recognizing new opportunities, suggesting bold ideas, and programs, and persuading internal teams to align on new plans
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative insights to optimize and improve the international consumer growth playbook
- Identify the best channels to seed new communities and increase supply in existing communities: grow verticals of communities using any means at your disposal
- Be obsessive about achieving aggressive goals and outcomes
- Run reports, build dashboards, analyze data, set KPIs, and execute impactful community initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Community, Engineering, Marketing, Safety, and BD
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2-3 years of operations management, product consulting, community operations, or tech background
- A healthy blend of operations, growth, project management, and community management expertise
- Deep knowledge and understanding of UK culture, including current events, politics, customs, traditions, language, topics of interest, taboos, etc.
- Data-driven and analytical mindset to assess process performance and financial viability (excel modeling skills necessary, SQL knowledge helpful)
- Succinct and persuasive communicator: collaborate effectively across internal teams, local users, moderators, partners, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Results-obsessed: outstanding execution and high attention to detail
- Deep interest in developing and driving independent projects, framing issues, testing hypotheses, and iterating on process improvements
- Proficiency in English and a UK resident
- Engineering, product or similar technical background
- Proficient in SQL
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.