Software Engineer - DataAPI
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit has an amazing history of individual and community-driven innovation. The value of Reddit data has powered the creation and growth of numerous businesses. The goal of the Reddit Developer Platform team is to further empower communities to innovate while establishing a significant new business for Reddit centered on our Data API.
The Developer Platform Data API team is seeking a mid-level backend engineer to build core platform capabilities that will allow us to reach for this vision. Do you flourish in a dynamic, collaborative environment that thrives on innovation? If so, then we invite you to join us in crafting the future of technology as a Mid-Level Backend Engineer on our team, where we are at the forefront of building a product that revolves around our Data API and real-time data streaming.
What We’re Working On
- Building a real-time data streaming pipeline.
- Evolving Reddit's public API and capabilities towards a cleaner, elegant Developer Experience.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Building a platform that is highly available, low on latency, and at internet scale.
- Creating a collaborative and supportive team with a strong sense of ownership.
What We Can Expect From You
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably in backend, infrastructure, developer tools, or app platforms.
- Some Go, Typescript, and Kubernetes experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that people love.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.