Staff Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Rippling is growing exceptionally fast and we have a 650-person engineering team that ships code dozens of times every day. This role is for the Developer Experience team that manages a variety of foundational systems like CI/CD, Development environments, and staging/demo environments. It is a high-leverage and high-visibility role which will have a direct impact on Rippling’s shipping velocity.
What You'll Do
- Develop high-quality and reliable software using Python, Golang, and other relevant programming languages
- Conceive and build tools that improve engineering productivity
- Become an in-house expert and provide consultation to product engineers to help them build scalable and reliable systems
- Build relationships with the engineering teams to understand their needs and help improve their day-to-day workflows
- Help evolve Rippling architecture as we continue to scale
- 8+ years of proven experience as a backend/infrastructure engineer
- Bonus Experience with DevEx (CI/CD/Docker/test frameworks) or Cloud (AWS/Kubernetes/Terraform/MongoDB) technologies
- Bonus Experience with Python or Go
- Passion for improving developer productivity and building scalable systems
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 1: $198,000 - $279,000/year
- Tier 2: $178,000 - $252,000/year
- Tier 3: $168,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three times a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
If you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?