Spend Management Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
As a Spend Management Account Executive at Rippling, you are a proven hunter & closer with a track record of quota attainment and overachievement. As an early member of this team, you will have the opportunity to help define the sales strategy that fuels the growth of the company!
What you will do
- Drive revenue for Rippling at all points of the sales cycle, including prospecting, product demonstrations, onboarding, close, and consumption.
- Develop strategies for prospecting and closing opportunities within your book of business
- Leverage sales methodologies to uncover customer needs and pain points
- Articulate Rippling’s spend management value proposition by using the appropriate sales qualification standards
- Own sales activity and monthly revenue forecasting
- Collaborate with product, design, marketing and engineering teams to incorporate customer feedback
What you will need
- Minimum 2 years of quota-carrying experience in a full cycle closing role with strong prospecting, qualifying, negotiating, and closing skills
- Minimum 1 year experience selling to mid-market sized businesses
- Ability to discuss Rippling's value proposition with C-level executives, finance teams, and decision makers
- Experience with outbound prospecting to our existing customer base and conducting product demonstrations
- Consultative sales approach and comfortable leveraging analytical & quantitative skills
- Consistent track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets in a fast-paced environment
- High adaptability and understanding of change within the evolution of a startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive On-Target Earnings (base salary + sales commission) + benefits + equity.
The On-Target Earnings* for US-based employees will be aligned to our ranges based upon location in our San Francisco or New York office or remote.
OTE (50%/50% commission split for base/variable pay): $215,000
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
*Commission is not guaranteed
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?