Global Payroll Specialist - Germany
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We're looking for an experienced payroll specialist to join Rippling’s Global Payroll Operations team. We are rapidly expanding Rippling to serve the needs of employees and employers all over the world. Our Global Payroll Operations team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of our global payroll products, which are natively built and fully integrated with Rippling’s broader suite of products.
As Rippling expands its product offerings globally, there is a critical business need for Rippling to develop new muscles around global product operations and country-specific payroll expertise outside of the US.
This role, Global Payroll Operations Specialist, is a critical hire for the Global Payroll Ops team that will be fully dedicated to developing and executing these new capabilities. This role will own all operational aspects across select countries and drive our expansion into new customer segments and geographies. Additionally, this role brings critical country-specific payroll expertise to support the development of our natively built payroll software.
This is an exciting role that requires significant cross-departmental engagement with a major impact on the product and customer experience.
What you will do
- Execute timely filings and payments for all customers within a country
- Drive notice resolution and communication with various government agencies; you will directly interface with our customers and resolve issues on their behalf
- Work closely with Global Payroll Engineering and Product teams to ensure that:
- Natively built payroll software supports key tax compliance requirements
- Product bugs and product issues (e.g., calculation errors, file generation errors) are quickly addressed
- TaxOps and partner internal tooling requirements are properly prioritized and created
- Internal tooling requirements are properly prioritized and implemented
What you will need
- Experience with tax agencies in Germany is required, with other European countries additionally preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years in global payroll tax and minimum of 3+ years in client facing role
- Ability to manage and solve a queue of customer support tickets
- Experience in tax notice resolution, tax filings, agency communication, and compliance requirements in Germany
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills: high attention to detail with excellent work product, time management, and execution
- Experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office, especially Docs/Sheets/Excel, for data analysis and task organization; familiarity with Salesforce queues, JIRA, and Confluence a plus
- Ability to overlap with U.S. hours (Eastern time zone - EST)
- Payroll management experience is a plus
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?