AML Compliance Specialist
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We are looking for an AML Compliance Specialist to join our small, but mighty Legal and Compliance team. This role will serve as an AML expert and engage in the daily operations for AML and sanctions compliance.
The primary focus of the role will be to provide research and analysis that enables Rippling to detect and assess the financial crime risks that are posed to the company.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills. They should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high production environment while managing sensitive information and maintaining strong ethical standards.
What you will do
- Perform in-depth investigative research utilizing internal and external data.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to produce written reports that assess financial crime risks such as money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions, tax evasion, bribery and corruption, fraud, etc.
- File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or equivalent with national authorities, when necessary.
- Review potential matches triggered by various screening tools.
- Stay abreast of industry standards and developments related to BSA/AML and sanctions.
- Create and maintain clear documentation related to operational processes.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Assist with compliance projects as the need arises.
What you will need
- Minimum 4+ years of compliance experience focusing on AML and sanctions.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute tasks at high speed.
- Sense of humor.
- BA/BS degree.
- Professional certification such as CFCS, CFE, or CAMs.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $100,000 - $132,000/year
Tier 2: $90,000 - $119,000/year
Tier 3: $85,000 - $113,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?