Lead Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Rippling’s rapid growth presents an exciting opportunity to build HR practices and management capabilities that will support a high-performing team. We’re looking for a Lead HR Business Partner to be a trusted partner to our leaders and their teams, advising and coaching on all aspects of people management disciplines: Leadership Development, Performance Management, Organizational Design, Employee Relations, etc. This role will play a critical part in building Rippling’s management capabilities by educating and training managers.
With the company having tripled its headcount last year and forecasted to grow again this year, there is an excellent opportunity for impact. You will join an HR function that is in build mode and racing to get ahead of the needs of the business on the people front. It’s an exciting opportunity to grow in a fast-paced setting.
This role will be based in our New York City office, with the expectation to work from the office most days.
What you will do
- Collaborate with leaders across the business units you support to deliver HR programs including performance management, management excellence programs, and compensation reviews
- Coach and advise managers on complex HR matters, including sensitive employee relations issues
- Guide managers on career pathing and leveling as well as skill and professional development
- Lead day-to-day activities related to HR policies, processes, and programs
- Design, plan, and execute various central and departmental initiatives and programs
- Track and analyze key indicators of organizational health and recommend ways to improve
- Support employees and serve as the face of HR to these teams
What you will need
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in HR roles
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including business partnering, HR program development, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, and local employment laws. Bonus points for cross-functional experience within or outside of HR
- Deep understanding of HR processes, especially hands-on experience in managerial capability development, performance management, and employee relations
- Experience in high-growth tech environments or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills, a deep sense of accountability and ownership, an outstanding customer-centric orientation
- Strong business acumen
- Systems thinker
- Ability to operate tactically and strategically
- Tech-savvy with a natural product mindset
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 1: $162,000 - $221,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?