Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every workforce system to a single source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We are excited about what Rippling offers to our customers and are looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager who shares the same passion to account for various revenue streams, work with data and systems, streamline processes, and support business stakeholders in making good decisions. The Revenue Accounting Manager reports to the Head of Revenue Accounting and collaborates closely with Billing, Data, Finance Systems, Legal, Product, and Customer Service partners at Rippling.
What you will do
- Understand and effectively document revenue transactions, systems, and data flows
- Analyze current processes and data to identify trends and areas of improvement
- Partner with cross functional teams to recognize revenue for products and services and implement ideas to drive accuracy and efficiency
- Own month-end close tasks related to revenue and receivable accounts, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations to support month-end balances
- Develop disaggregated revenue analytics for various revenue streams related to our HR, IT, and Finance cloud solutions
- Support business teams with analysis on revenue trends, forecasts, and program performance (e.g. reseller and partner revenue programs)
- Find solutions to resolve issues and challenges in order to ensure accuracy and timeliness of revenue reporting
- Assist with reporting, audit requirements and ad-hoc projects
What you will need
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting and ASC 606 revenue accounting with thorough understanding of SAAS and Principal/Agent arrangements
- Motivated self-starter with strong sense of ownership and sharp analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and execute to results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with large volume of data and revenue systems (e.g. Netsuite) and data reconciliation between different data sources
- Advanced data and spreadsheet skills (Excel/Gsheet)
- Use of SQL to query data for analysis
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Additional Information (IE Pay Transparency)
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $104,000 - $137,000/year
Tier 2: $93,000 - $124,000/year
Tier 3: $88,000 - $117,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?