Staff Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
About The Role
What You'll Do:
- Work on distributed processing engines and distributed databases.
- Create data platforms, data lakes, and data ingestion systems that work at scale.
- Write core libraries (in python and golang) to interact with various internal data stores.
- Define and support internal SLAs for common data infrastructure
- Design, develop, code, and test software systems, improvements, products and user-facing experiences
- Leverage big data technologies like Postgres, Kafka, Presto, Pinot, Flink, Airflow, Mongo, Redis and Spark.
- Explore new and upcoming data technologies to support Rippling’s exponential growth
- 7+ years of professional work experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture.
- Comfortable developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.