Senior Growth Manager, Acquisition
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
At Rippling, the growth team is the tip of the spear of revenue generation. Our team’s job is to maximize revenue by efficiently driving sales demos. We do that by running marketing experiments across multiple channels, then rapidly scaling the ones that work.
In this role, you’ll own strategic growth bets that feed our automated growth engine. You’ll run our growth “skunkworks,” finding new ways to acquire new customers using automation and partnering closely with engineering. You’ll also lead strategically important projects in acquisition, like growth for critical products and new product launches.
This role is highly cross-functional - you’ll partner with our growth engineering, marketing operations teams, sales, and analytics teams.
About the team
We’re a unique team of generalists inside the Rippling growth org building an automated engine to acquire new customers. We lead projects across engineering, analytics, and marketing operations. In any given week, we’re running new tests, doing user research, working with engineering to automate new growth motions, and analyzing data to uncover new opportunities.
We look for smart and hacky generalists. You don’t need prior experience in growth or marketing - but you should be excited to learn a tremendous amount about it. You’ll have real responsibility over a chunk of the business and will learn about marketing, product, sales, and finance. This is a perfect role for a future/former founder and anyone who loves building and getting things done. You should apply if you want to become a world-class growth leader.
What you will do
- Lead new bets for Rippling’s largest and most efficient growth channel, which drives $XXM revenue / yr.
- Develop automated strategies for customer acquisition, partnering with engineering, operations, and sales to scale to massive outcomes.
- Own growth projects which are strategically important to Rippling’s business, like new product launches.
- Run experiments to convert leads via email, ads, and direct mail - you will generate ideas, define targeting, write copy, and scale the winners.
- Analyze data to understand what’s working and what’s not - from reading through replies to writing SQL and hopping into Excel.
What you will need
- 4-6 years of experience doing both quantitative and qualitative work in a fast-paced environment, like founding a company or doing product/growth/engineering at a tech startup, i-banking, or consulting.
- Interest in becoming world-class at growth. You don’t need to have worked in growth before, but you should be excited to learn rapidly via challenging projects and have real ownership over business outcomes.
- Hackiness and creativity. You’re constantly generating new ideas to test and you do whatever it takes to get your projects over the finish line.
- Ability to analyze data to uncover insights, in SQL or Excel.
- Agility and speed. You’ll constantly try new growth ideas in this role. When things don’t work, you pivot; when they do, you move fast to scale them.
- A product mindset. Manual processes bother you, and you have a track record of automating them.
- Competitive; motivated by the idea of owning a number and winning.
- Structured problem-solver. You naturally write clearly because you think clearly.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $128,000 - $210,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.