Sr. Human Resources Advisor - Mexico (Part-Time)
People & HR
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the Role
Rippling is rapidly expanding its global operations and adding numerous exciting new HR initiatives to its portfolio of world class products and services. This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of a new Rippling team. As a Senior HR Advisor, you will support Rippling in helping manage the entire employee lifecycle for international hires: from initial onboarding to offboarding, and everything in between.
This role will be responsible for managing all employee relations issues for our clients, including but not limited to performance management, grievances/claims, investigating complaints, managing approvals for leaves of absence, as well as answering our clients' HR questions. This role will also be responsible for all in-country payroll processes and administration and help address client and employee’s payroll queries in Mexico.
What you will do
- Execute leave of absence management, performance management, terminations, anti-harassment, and other HR challenges that present legal or regulatory risk to our client’s businesses
- Manage employee claims related to unemployment benefits, leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Manage all aspects of payroll in a timely and accurate manner and answer client and employee questions about Mexico payroll
- Work closely with the Global Payroll team on integrations with the payroll software and ensure all inputs and outputs are accurate (contributions and deductions, variable compensation, remittances)
- Support client and external employee queries and collaborate across internal teams, such as: sales, implementation, support and client services teams to meet our commitments to our clients
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to develop a best in class HR Services offering, to leverage technology and ease the administrative burden of HR compliance
What you will need
- 6+ years of experience providing HR advice / consulting services to clients, or in an internal HR business function for a fast-paced organization
- 6+ years of full payroll administration experience, Conpaq experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of human resources and payroll compliance rules and regulations across jurisdictions
- Experience managing employee claims related to unemployment benefits, leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Excellent client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills: high attention to detail with excellent work product, time management, and project execution
- Experience with employees in Mexico (required) and other countries (nice to have)
- Languages: Spanish and English Professional Working Proficiency is a requirement
- Benefits and pension administration, nice to have
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org