Senior Engineering Manager
Senior Engineering Manager
Are you looking to be in a role where you can have a significant impact on the company’s growth and success?
Does the prospect of making the most pragmatic technical and business decisions, both of which will drastically shape the future of the business excite you?
Are you someone who takes immense pride in building excellent products for customers that are technically designed for scalability and extensibility, and just work all the time?
Are you excited about building and leading high performance teams, and to rally them towards projects and a vision that drives the company’s success?
If you answered yes to these, come join us!
The HR products organization is looking for a seasoned Engineering Leader to lead the team which owns one of the most critical and strategic product lines for Rippling - Rippling EOR, and the Global HRIS system - which is among the most foundational products of Rippling. The areas of ownership for this role will require this leader to be a key owner of our Global expansion efforts, which comes with high visibility and growth opportunities. This role will involve an outstanding blend of business and technical savviness, the ability to look into and build a big-picture vision, and make that vision a reality.
In addition, this role will have a significant impact on Rippling’s growth and success, and make technical and business decisions which will shape the future of the product and company. We are looking for someone who takes immense pride in building excellent products (which are scalable and extensible and just work all the time), build winning teams and be able to rally these towards a vision, and can attract and retain top talent.
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Drive on-time, high quality product delivery. Drive adoption of engineering best practices
- Work with Product Managers to have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy (wear a product manager hat when needed)
- Help the organization scale and grow with the business - attract and groom the best talent!
- Drive better efficiency and process improvement for various aspects of the team’s / product’s operations
- Be hands-on in technical architecture/reviews, and if/as needed, make contributions to code
- Own the ultimate outcome and success of critical product line(s) at Rippling.
- Outstanding customer-centric mindset, growth mindset, and a hunger for impact
- Strong coding, design, and architectural skills - be a technical leader for the team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 4+ years of experience as an Engineering manager, including experience managing managers
- 12+ years of professional work experience in software development
About the team
HR products builds and supports a series of self-serve and managed suite of products that power Rippling’s HR cloud of business. The EOR team in the HR products organization supports various product lines that would be a significant contributor of Rippling’s revenue - Rippling EOR (Employer on Record). The product offers customers to employ employees in any country, allowing Rippling to act as the official Employer on Record, and helps them manage compliance, payroll, work authorization, benefits, etc.
- The team works on multiple product lines which are all packaged under the same umbrella. This team will take a lead on Rippling’s Global expansion strategy which is our #1 focus, and help build the right technical solutions and frameworks that drive the ease of expansion. The combination of this multi-product offering and scale to potentially hundreds of thousands of employees who are employed by Rippling or through the company’s entity makes this one of Rippling’s most technically exciting spaces, while driving the bottomline of the business.