Senior Growth Manager, Product Adoption
Product, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
After becoming one of the fastest growing SaaS startups, Rippling is ready to uplevel our growth engine to scale to $1B in ARR over the next couple years. One of the most important growth drivers will be driving product activation and adoption among Rippling customers. This is a highly strategic role for Rippling to drive customer retention and expansion.
You'll own driving adoption of products our customers have bought to help customers unlock more value. You’ll hit ambitious targets by running experiments and pushing the envelope to unlock scale.
This role is highly cross-functional: you’ll work with product and engineering, account management, operations, analytics, brand, and more to develop and execute your strategies.
This role is based in our San Francisco office.
What you will do
- Analyze product adoption behaviors correlated with customer retention, determine what milestones customers should reach regarding activation and adoption at different lifecycle stages and help develop a product adoption strategy for top tier Rippling products.
- Drive adoption of top tier Rippling products. Develop and execute on a pipeline of growth experiments to hit aggressive targets.
- Analyze what are blockers to customer activation at the company and persona level and launch customer engagement campaigns addressing these blockers.
- Manage campaigns. Own the day-to-day management of campaigns inclusive of launching, reporting, experimenting, and optimizing campaigns geared towards various audiences.
- You’ll define audiences and behavioral triggers, project manage copy and creative development, and report on the results.
- Roll up your sleeves: Like everyone else on our team, you’ll help with several projects outside of your job description.
- Manage relationships. You’ll need to partner closely with our internal teams across brand, analytics, product management, product marketing, account management and more in order to succeed in this role.
- Proactively share insights across the organization. Ensure cross-functional alignment by proactively keeping everyone in the loop on performance, building alignment, & setting shared priorities.
What you will need
- A hacker’s mentality with structured problem-solving skills. You obsess over finding novel ways to drive revenue and eke out as much yield as possible from a given funnel. We place a big emphasis on creativity matched with the ability to break down an ambiguous problem into solvable components.
- 4+ years of experience in product, marketing, growth, business operations, consulting, or finance. Great if you have experience at a fast-paced startup. You can quickly use data, qualitative insights, and your understanding of our product and user to develop and prioritize a campaign roadmap.
- Highly analytical. You are at home in spreadsheets, and can easily interpret data. SQL experience is preferred.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. You have an eye for good email & ad copy, and know how to get in the heads of our customers. This is not primarily a writing role, but you will be expected to produce your own campaigns and copy.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves. You will launch campaigns from end to end and monitor performance.
- Taking the initiative is second nature to you. Without prompting, you’ll dive deep into quantitative and qualitative signals throughout the funnel to find challenges and solutions.
- Bias to speed. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace for your function.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.