Localization Project Coordinator, Quality Assurance
Administration, Quality Assurance
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
The Globalization Team at Rippling is looking for a sharp, hands-on and highly flexible Localization Project Coordinator (LPC), QA & Testing to manage the internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N) testing process across different platforms and products and own the quality assurance program.
You’ll work with a very diverse global and multicultural team of technical, data and product-focused cross-functional stakeholders (engineers, product managers, TPMs and brand/marketing program managers) and external vendors, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best experience to our international customers. As a QA & Testing LPC, you will own our localization automation and testing processes, forecast oversight, drive continuous improvement initiatives of our MT-powered globalization (G11N) services, ensure best-in-class linguistic and functional quality across all supported Geos for our global products and identify opportunities for continuous improvement with each new launch. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, you’ll be responsible for making an awesome international user experience a reality.
The right candidate will possess a strong QA program management and localization testing background, and will have demonstrated experience leading technical testing projects and simshipping multiple languages with tight deadlines. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives that will help Rippling teams unlock the full potential of MT. You will help develop architectures and technical solutions for complex problems, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
What you will do
- Establish Linguistic QA (LQA) process / framework, drive localization testing for applications and features, including crafting test plans/cases, taking screenshots, running screenshot reviews, leading internal reviews, performing end to end testing, bug triaging, Jira ticket assignment, reporting functional/linguistic/cosmetic bugs related to the web and mobile applications or sites, progression blockers, and/or crashes, validating bug fixes, implementation, overseeing regression testing and language sign-off.
- Identify areas for LQA process improvements, define localization requirements for test automation, track status and manage the backlog of test automation implementation.
- Plan and schedule LQA testing projects for localized websites, applications and Figma assets.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify scope and parameters to create test plans, communicate test plans to internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop and maintain bug reporting templates for different content types and domain groups.
- Prepare instructions for testers, create and maintain instructions for reviewers and provide support, and guidance to internal and external teams.
- Write clear and concise bug reports with appropriate reproductions steps and screenshot attachments.
- Resolve English source queries for translators, provide context for foreign language defects, generate LQA scorecards, and coordinate vendor to vendor review and internal linguistic reviews.
- Create and maintain locale-specific and domain-specific glossaries, MT glossaries, termbases, style guides and reference materials to ensure consistent use of terminology across different domains.
What you will need
- Extensive knowledge of Phrase TMS, MT engines, translation memories (TMs), glossaries, style guides, and termbases (TB).
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle for mobile & web platforms, internationalization standards (Unicode and CLDR), CICD, agile software development, linguistic QA processes, and test automation.
- Familiar with various content (UI, help center, mobile app and website etc.), connectors (e.g.: Figma, Wordpress and Github etc) and different file formats (e.g.: xml, json, html, xliff etc.)
- Expert in using bug tracking systems (JIRA/Bugherd), metric reporting tools (Tableau and Snowflake), and Agile development tools (Confluence, Google Apps, Asana) G11N/L10N test automation tools
- Minimum 3+ years of Localization QA and Testing experience managing complex software localization cycle from end to end
- Proven success in shipping software products internationally for Right-to-Left (RTL) and double-byte languages.
- Highly desirable native-level or bilingual proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Portuguese, French, or Spanish in addition to English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic problem-solving and program & project management skills in localization and internationalization fields.
- Attention to details, cultural nuances, quality-focused, data-driven and proactive/positive go-getter attitude
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently, stay calm/focused under tight pressure and fast-pace with little guidance, and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously with on-time and high-quality delivery.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org