Senior Manager, Data Science
In a short time, you will own the data science and analytics roadmap, drive exec-level decisions on channel budget allocation, long-range marketing plans and strategy, as well as define and measure success to hold our partners accountable.
Given how marketing is critical for our business, your work will not only elevate the technical caliber of our marketing teams but also fuel a powerful growth engine for all Rippling.
- Lead and grow a team of talented data scientists overseeing the data science and analytics support of all our marketing motions - growth marketing, product marketing, brand marketing, and cross-sell marketing
- Influence, work collaboratively and deeply embedded in sophisticated teams of marketing practitioners, sales, engineers, finance, and product managers
- Define, measure, and provide insights on how to accelerate success across all marketing teams (e.g. marketing operations, growth engineering, marketing practitioners)
- Identify highest-impact problems areas that can be solved through applied analytics and craft the team’s roadmap and resource allocation
- Establish robust data assets and pipelines to collect, clean, and transform marketing data, ensuring integrity, accessibility for analysis and modeling, and scalability for new business lines, channels, and geographies
- Design, improve, and maintain business intelligence for all our marketing teams
- Develop and launch machine learning models that drive business impact (e.g. forecast customer behavior, identify highest-value prospects, personalize marketing messages)
- Design and implement measurement and attribution frameworks across marketing channels and funnel motions (e.g. between sales teams and marketing campaigns)
- Present data-driven insights and recommendations to influence executive decisions
- Make a positive difference to our growth trajectory
- Track record of applying data science and analytics to solve marketing challenges
- Proven experience of 2+ years directly managing data science teams and data science roadmaps in a high-growth environment
- In-depth knowledge of marketing concepts, including customer acquisition strategies, marketing channels, and attribution modeling
- Proficiency with techniques and algorithms for experimentation, modeling, recommendation and decision systems
- Fluency in SQL and Python
- Familiarity with business intelligence best practices and tooling
- Familiarity with data transformation best practices and tooling is a plus (e.g. incremental tables, metrics layer)
- Exceptional communication, capable of collaborating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities, with the ability to guide and motivate a team of senior and junior data scientists
- Passion for nurturing a culture of data-driven decision-making and long-term impact within a fast-paced, ambiguous, hyper-growth environment
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.