Head of Design, Hub Platform
The Hub Platform team is responsible for the products and frameworks that showcase the value of seamlessly integrating HR, IT, Finance, and third-party applications together into one unified platform, which we call Rippling Unity. The team owns application building blocks like reporting & data visualization, automated workflows, permissions, approvals, policies, search, notifications, and a unified data platform that powers it all. Unity products include components that are leveraged and embedded in other Rippling products, along with full-stack Unity products that are used by end Rippling customers. Read more about Rippling Unity at https://www.rippling.com/platform
- Manage a business-critical team that’s a top company initiative to build out Rippling’s platform, helping drive Rippling’s rapid growth and differentiation.
- Lead a team of designers working on Ripplling’s Platform capabilities and products, such as analytics, automation, AI, permissions, policies, data management, apps, and more.
- Incorporate systems thinking into the design of Rippling’s core capabilities so that they are both modular and stand-alone full-featured product experiences that are both powerful and easy to use.
- Create a culture of craft, quality, and execution by inspiring, motivating, and leading product designers across experience levels to do the best work of their careers.
- Work closely with our Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and executive leadership to deliver best-in-class, innovative work that pushes the limits of possible.
- You have 15+ years of professional design experience and 5+ years managing and leading design and creative teams.
- You have brought a relentless customer focus to high-impact, high-visibility projects.
- You’re a systems thinker and have led the design of an integrated suite of products or ecosystem of features.
- You excel at written and verbal communication and use these skills to persuade and influence stakeholders toward building innovative products that uniquely resonate with customers.
- You work collaboratively with Engineering, Product, and Marketing team members to drive strategy and design execution.
- You have led, recruited, and scaled design teams at both startups and established companies.
- You have experience systematically growing product designers' skills so they do the best work of their careers.
- You aligned with Rippling’s leadership principles
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40-mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office at least three days a week, under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life, and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Onsite meals