Senior Full Stack Engineer (Frontend) - Benefits
The Benefits team’s goal is to provide a modern, easy-to-use way for companies to offer insurance --medical, dental, disability, etc. -- to their employees. We build software that automates the tedium of managing insurance offerings and submitting enrollments. Additionally, the Insurance and Benefits team automates the administration of FSA, HSA, commuter benefits, and COBRA, allowing companies to provide more benefits to their employees with minimal overhead. Most of all, we are disrupting a 1.3 trillion dollar US insurance industry and bringing it into the digital world.
What You'll Do:
- Uphold a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations
- Ship and own high-impact products end-to-end with high quality
- Propose, lead, and roll out technical initiatives that align the team with industry best practices for code quality, observability, and testing. You may find yourself leading a weekly meeting around how to improve the health of our services
- Take ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing it with the team
- Work on areas including not limited to API design, event model, data model design, data importing and transmission, and other business logic and customer-facing features
- Coordinate cross-team collaborations, incorporate customer feedback into product engineering roadmap, and drive the execution of delivery
- Mentor junior members, lead and practice engineering excellence practice
- Communicate engineering strategy with other leaders to ensure that the products being built are truly elevating the organization and enabling us to move the business forward.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- You have seen systems operating at a significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expertise in building complex, distributed services with Python, Golang, or Java
- Experience with Frontend technologies, React experience preferred
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The pay range for this role is:
144,000 - 237,000 USD per year (Tier 1)