- Serve as a key legal advisor on a variety of commercial transactions, including strategic partner relationships, customer contracts, and vendor agreements.
- Partner with our Sales, Business Development, Procurement, and Client Services teams to build out and manage Rippling’s commercial counseling function.
- Develop enablement tools (collateral, playbooks, trainings, etc.), templates, and negotiation processes to establish best-in-class contracting practices at Rippling.
- Navigate complex regulatory frameworks globally to create scalable and innovative solutions for our products and services.
- Collaborate cross functionally with our internal teams (Privacy, Finance, Security, Product and Engineering) on development and documentation of new features and services.
- Drive the compliance culture at Rippling and embed integrity and compliance in all of our operations as our company grows.
- Advise and assist with Rippling’s general legal needs as they arise.
- 3+ years of experience at a law firm, in-house, or other relevant roles. Tech transactions experience preferred.
- Substantive knowledge of SaaS licensing, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models, marketplaces and data integrations, privacy issues, and/or intellectual property.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, solution-oriented ethos, and ready to roll up your sleeves.Passion for efficient processes.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent drafting and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to break down complex legal jargon into easy-to-understand and practical advice.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Law degree (e.g., JD or equivalent).
- Experience negotiating strategic alliances or channel sales agreements for SaaS/software or HR products.
- Experience in data protection and privacy-related matters.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.