Senior Human Resources Advisor - Costa Rica (Part-Time)
People & HR
Remote · Costa Rica
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Rippling will employ employees on behalf of our customers in countries all over the world. This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational member of the Rippling team. As a Senior HR Advisor, you will support the Rippling in helping manage the entire employee lifecycle for international hires: from initial onboarding to offboarding. This role will be responsible for managing all employee relations issues for our clients, including but not limited to: dealing with claims, investigating complaints, managing approvals for leaves of absence, as well as answering our clients' HR questions.
Must be located in Costa Rica.
What you will do
- Execute leave of absence management, performance management, terminations, anti-harassment, and other HR challenges that present legal or regulatory risk to their businesses
- Manage employee claims related to unemployment benefits, leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Respond to inquiries from clients, and develop programs and processes with our sales, implementation, support, and client services teams to meet our commitments to our customers
- Establish processes to both professionalize our offering and optimize our efficiency around these offerings
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to develop a best-in-class HR Services offering, that leans heavily on technology to ease the administrative burden of HR compliance
What you will need
- 6+ years of experience providing HR advice/consulting services to clients, or in an internal HR business function for a fast-paced organization in Costa Rica
- 3+ years of full payroll administration experience
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English Professional Working Proficiency is a requirement
- Must have relevant education/degree relevant to the role
- Deep understanding of human resources and payroll compliance rules and regulations across jurisdictions
- Experience managing employee claims related to unemployment benefits leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Excellent client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills: high attention to detail with excellent work product, time management, and project execution
- Experience with employees in Costa Rica (required) and other countries (nice to have)
- Benefits and pension administration, nice to have
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com