Associate Creative Director
Design, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
After the redesign in 2019, the Rippling Brand has become a huge asset and differentiator for the company. And our team has earned the respect of stakeholders at every level. As such, we are responsible for stewarding the Rippling brand with craft and care in every touchpoint. We are looking for a Senior Art Director to own the conceptual storytelling of our brand across a wide variety of channels. This is an opportunity to work hands-on with our leadership to define how we tell our brand and product story across integrated campaigns of varying scales.
What you will do
- Create full-funnel, integrated marketing campaigns for product launches. This includes but is not limited to broadcast, social, email, in-app, OOH, paid digital, stunts and activations.
- Find and capitalize on opportunities to turn a single tactic into an original, breakthrough concept.
- Partner closely with our Social and Content teams to assess our creative approach, audit competitors, put forth a creative vision and execute it. Develop concepts for content plays, influencer marketing, sponsorships, and co-branding initiatives.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing team to creative direct customer and event video content.
- Collaborate fluidly with other designers, copywriters, and creatives on the Brand Studio to bring industry-leading work to life.
- Develop and document a strong brand perspective on art direction for live-action video and photography.
- Creative direct and execute always-on performance advertising (growth ads) within tight turnaround times.
- Build and manage a roster of photographers, videographers, editors, advertising and production agencies, and freelancers to support your vision and work.
What you will need
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience developing campaign concepts that showcase the extensibility of the campaign across channels both expected and unexpected.
- Experience directing external vendors, including agencies and individual freelancers, especially while on set.
- Strong business acumen and experience brand-building through campaigns for SaaS.
- Outstanding communication skills both in presenting work and in providing creative direction.
- Ability to embrace feedback and pivot accordingly. Balance speed and quality while pushing creative boundaries to advance the brand.
- Impeccable attention to detail and a passion for elevating storytelling and craft.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Figma, Asana, Google Workspace, Slack.
- Experience working with product design teams.
- Experience working with AI tools.
- Motion, 3D, and/or animation experience (After Effects, Cinema 4D)
- Experience in B2B communications and familiarity with those audiences.
About the Team
We’re big on tight creative processes, candid communication, and buttoned-up operations. Without it, great creative work is possible but unnecessarily painful. With it, our team is able to do their best work without silly distractions. Read more here:
https://www.rippling.com/blog/how-we-pulled-off-an-in-house-rebrand-in-four-months How we pulled off an in-house rebrand in four months, Nov 2020
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.