Global Outbound SDR
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
The SDR role at Rippling provides a unique opportunity - we're looking for talented, ambitious SDRs who can manage high-velocity top-of-funnel sales qualification, while also navigating a very strategic sales process.
As an SDR, you will be responsible for prospecting and qualifying new customers and channel partners for Rippling. We’re building a team that will require a “winning” attitude, a high sense of urgency, and a passion for sales. As an SDR at Rippling, you will have the opportunity to help shape processes and build pipelines to support your Account Executive counterparts immediately. We believe in promotion from within and transparency on career paths that allow you to grow in your sales profession.
This role will be based in our Bangalore office and will be required to come onsite 3 days a week.
What you will do
- Become a product expert across our entire platform and understand our competitor landscape
- Cross-functionally collaborate with Account Executives and Marketing teams to manage outbound campaigns and increase lead volume
- Work with the assigned OB SDR Manager to closely track performance metrics, build lead gen and cold outreach strategies & successfully implement the same
- Reaching out via phone/email/social media to connect with prospective buyers - Cold Call addicts preferred
- Conducting secondary research into company financials, line of business, technology requirements, etc., to personalize prospecting efforts
- Staying up to date with the latest HRIS industry trends & best practices of Competitors and positioning Rippling against them
- Diligently update CRM to stay current and accurate on leads and follow-ups
- Pre-qualification of business opportunities (Budget, Authority, Need & Timeline)
- Strategizing cross-functional campaigns to be conducted by BD & Marketing
What you will need
- Proven work experience of a minimum of 2-3 years as an Outbound Sales Development Representative - SaaS Sales Development preferred
- Adaptable and agile: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by understanding the complex nature of an ever-evolving product
- Excellent Communication Skills: Strong Verbal and Written communication skills to effectively articulate product features, benefits and value propositions to prospects
- Tech Savvy: Past Experience using CRM applications like Salesforce, Zoominfo, Outreach for Lead Management, pipeline tracking and prospecting
- Results Driven: A goal-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving and surpassing quota, coupled with a proactive and persistent approach to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Ability to work within the time zone (6.30pm - 2.30am IST) and in a hybrid model (onsite thrice a week)