Senior Software Engineer - New product
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in London and take the lead on a new product, set to launch in 2024. This is a role of high ownership and visibility, with a direct impact on Rippling's growth and success.
What you will do
- Work with the best: Collaborate with a small, tight-knit team of skilled and thoughtful engineers to build and launch a greenfield project
- Build new features end-to-end: Architect creative solutions to our users’ most pressing needs, and own feature implementation and success
- Exhibit technical excellence: Help architect a scalable, antifragile application, and watch it grow to millions of users on Rippling’s employee platform
- Push product forward: Coordinate closely with Product and Design to raise the bar for performance and user experience on Rippling’s newest, consumer-grade app
What you will need
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building customer-facing products
- Experience with systems operating at significant technical and organisational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Knowledge of our stack: Python, Django, React, and MongoDB - this is nice to have but not necessary to join
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.