Director, Total Rewards, HR Ops & Compliance
Runwise is looking for a Director, Total Rewards, HR Ops, & Compliance who is highly motivated, results-oriented, and focused on benefits, HR process, and overall company compliance. This is a pivotal role reporting directly to the COO.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced, customer-focused climate-tech startup that controls and runs the key energy systems (heating, water, etc…) in 3500+ buildings throughout the US. Runwise’s unique hardware and software service significantly reduces energy usage, substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise’s technology takes the equivalent of 50,000 cars worth of carbon emissions off the road each year.
As a Director, Total Rewards, HR Ops, & Compliance at Runwise, you will wear multiple hats overseeing both the HR backbone of the company as it relates to employee benefits and be the owner of all things compliance and insurance for the company. Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to compensation, equity, benefits, wellness, compliance, people analytics, and all insurance broker relationships. You will be a key partner to both our Senior Director of Talent Strategy, responsible for our recruiting and our HR business partners function, and our Head of Finance.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Own the development, implementation, and evolution of our entire benefits program from start to finish
- Partner with our Senior Director of Talent to seamlessly integrate these programs throughout the employee lifecycle
- Coordinate with our PEO for any workman’s comp policy requests for customers
- Collaborate with our insurance broker’s for any COIs requested or additional policies needed for new customers
- Ensure that customers have up to date policies on file for us as necessary, maintaining our vendor credentialing portals
- Manage business insurance policies across the board and monitor for renewal
- Ensure we are acting compliant in all company actions and policies across all jurisdictions
- Provide project management, operational, technology, and analytical support for compensation, benefits, performance management, engagement, and recruiting
- Evaluate and manage relationships with benefit providers and insurance vendors
- Manage employee records and policies, implementing adequate processes and audits, in compliance with recent employment law updates (ie - national/local laws, new hire notification requirements, labor laws, unemployment claims, records retention policies, etc)
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources
- Experience in operations (HR or otherwise) is a huge plus
- Significant experience with the implementation, communication and management of end-to-end Total Rewards programs, including at the executive level
- Worked directly with finance teams to assess the financial impact of benefit programs
- Experience with managing company insurances - various policies / renewals
- Ability to evaluate and assess constant competing priorities
- High integrity & character - holding your colleagues to high standards as you lead by example
- An eye for detail and organization - nothing gets past you!
- Always found excitement when spotting holes in a process as your brain quickly starts to develop solutions for them
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company.
- Salary: $155,000-$175,000 (varied on experience and market rate)
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Fridays
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and create a career path beyond this initial role. You will be surrounded by talented people where you will learn about real estate and software/managed services sales at a very fast growing tech company, whilst having a tangible impact on reducing carbon emissions across the country.
Something looks off?