Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role
As a member of the SEO & Content Marketing team, you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s direction.
As the ASO Manager, you will help to grow both our Apple App Store and Google Play Store presence across key remittance markets and send/receive corridors globally, attracting relevant traffic and then working proactively to convert that traffic. You will help to shape, execute and improve a robust ASO strategy for both the WorldRemit and Sendwave apps (and any future app development projects) to deliver against ambitious growth plans.
You will own and champion the ASO roadmap, working closely with Product, Martech, Performance Marketing, Brand/Creative and other teams as required. You will be responsible for initiating projects, developing test ideas, implementing optimisations and driving hands-on outputs from the roadmap that lead to favourable outcomes for our business and our customers.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, moving quickly from idea to implementation. You feel comfortable collaborating with a wider range of cross-functional stakeholders and departments at all levels and are able to confidently and articulately communicate ASO related subject matter tailored to each of these internal audiences. However, you must feel equally comfortable working autonomously. You possess critical thinking skills and have a passion for self-directed learning in your field.
What you will own
Reporting to the Director of Global SEO & Content Marketing, you will:
- Own, develop, drive and execute the global ASO strategy and roadmap, prioritised towards hitting ambitious growth targets against set KPIs, agreeing role-level OKRs against it.
- Plan, develop and implement the optimised localisation of App/Play store preview assets (meta data, titles. descriptions, images, video, etc.) for all our markets and refresh regularly.
- Work closely with the Product and CRM teams on app review management and optimisations.
- Whilst not ASO, one additional responsibility of this role will include web reviews management - predominantly via TrustPilot but also on Google and other review platforms.
- Work closely with the martech team on technical ASO improvements (deep linking, etc.)
- Conceptualize, build and roll out A/B tests / MVTs aimed at improving app download conversion rates, to include briefing and coordination of all required creative assets.
- Work closely with the Performance Marketing team to ensure that ASO efforts are appropriately harmonised with UACs/ASAa for maximum growth efficiency.
- Deconstruct and optimise the app user journey and funnel, working with relevant stakeholders.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for ASO support from across the business, positioning yourself as an authoritative subject matter expert in the field with articulate recommendations.
- Be aware of releases, projects and initiatives taking place across the business, proactively stepping and synchronising where there is an opportunity to protect or enhance ASO.
- Effectively manage ASO agency resources at your disposal, establishing a strong partnership and ensuring maximum value is extracted to help scale the channel.
- Measure the outcomes of your ASO efforts and report these back to the business, championing ASO data/analytics/reporting and taking responsibility to improve both reliability and usefulness.
- Leverage ASO and other tools/resources to consistently monitor market trends and perform competitor analysis in relation to our apps, to help inform further optimisations.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion and deep knowledge of ASO and app technologies.
- Significant experience working hands-on with ASO in a previous roles
- Experience working with global brands and international ASO.
- The ability to self-start, stay organised and plan / prioritise workload over time to ensure deadlines are met and work is delivered - sometimes under pressure.
- Project and stakeholder management skills - delivery and outcomes focussed.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication / collaboration skills.
- Critical thinking - highly analytical, able to own, diagnose and solve problems whilst working comfortably with large datasets.
- Fluent in various ASO and analytics tools, platforms and technologies.
Bonus points if you:
- Are multilingual (In addition to English, our apps are available in French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Danish and Italian so any of these would be a particular bonus).
- Have previous app development experience or have worked directly with app developers.
- Have direct experience with product management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Have experience working in the financial services / Fintech industry.
- Have direct experience working with Google Play Store, Apple App Store Connect, Data.ai, AppsFlyer, GA4 and/or Monday.com.
- Have a strong/technical understanding of cross-device attribution.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.
Something looks off?