North America Regional Marketing Manager, Asia
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate marketing professional to help us scale growth across Asian communities in North America, especially among the Filipino and Nepalese communities. You will drive user growth among these communities by helping Zepz brands to connect directly with relevant audiences. In doing so we’ll build proximity, growth, and a vital feedback look on how to serve them best.
Key to this will be your ability to build and implement effective marketing plans across diasporas in North America. To do so, you will work closely with multiple marketing and business stakeholders from across Zepz.
The North America Regional Marketing Manager, Asia will have a strong understanding of marketing in the region and experience defining and executing growth marketing strategies. They will have an excellent and up-to-date breadth of knowledge on marketing channels and will thrive in fast-paced environments.
What you will own:
- Insights: Gather insights about our target audience - these can be cultural, demographic, geographic, community insights, but also product and market insights related to habits, competition, needs and pain points when it comes to sending money back home
- Marketing strategy: Establish a diagnosis of our key corridors and build a strategy to reach growth objectives
- Marketing planning and execution: Build and implement a regional marketing plan for our priority corridors, working in close collaboration with the marketing team and key business stakeholders to execute it. This plan will include innovative and culturally relevant marketing initiatives to engage with local diasporas and drive growth.
- Messaging and creatives: Define our unique selling proposition and main claims for key corridors, and work with our creative team to develop impactful creatives.
- Regional execution (media, community engagement, influencers): manage local agencies and media partners. Ensure campaigns are well executed and deliver the expected results. Implement a test and learn approach
- Results: Own the results of the plan you’ve built, and assess how to refine and optimize it
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or equivalent and at least 6 years’ experience in marketing/growth
- Marketing experience in North America, ideally with diaspora communities
- Strong cultural understanding of our target audience. Affinities with the Filipino or Nepalese community is a plus.
- Previous experience in multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Media planning experience is a plus
- Structured and analytical individual, with strong attention to detail
- Solid people skills and stakeholder coordination skills
- Optimistic, can-do attitude
- Curious - fed by a hunger to understand audiences, learn new ways to execute at pace, and test your way into accelerated growth
- Able to demonstrate a bias for action and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Humble and eager to learn, whatever the level of experience
- Fluent in English; another language is a plus
- Excellent fit to our cultural commitments (above)
Bonus points if you:
- Are a cook, a playwright, an actor, photographer, or a gardener, architect, marathon runner, pro-tennisser or poet, or perhaps an inventor, engineer, accountant, novelist or visual artist. An immigrant, or offspring or grandchild of immigrants, or someone who has spent their life in one place but dreamt of the world beyond. Because if you’re one of these or none of these, you’ll probably find someone just like you at Zepz.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.
Something looks off?