Staff Engineer - Microsoft
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
This role is ideal for someone with a strong passion for Microsoft products and a solid understanding of their product line. Reporting to the Global Digital Workplace Manager you will be responsible primarily for managing the Hybrid Active Directory (On-Premise) and Azure Active Directory (Cloud) environment within the organization. This will include ensuring services are kept updated, systems are operational with documentation to support. You will ideally be experienced in Active Directory related migrations and/or associated with migrations of similar nature.
Experience with the Microsoft stack incl. InTune is also beneficiary as well as a strong understanding of Mobile Device Management solutions and an awareness of other non-Microsoft products of similar nature. Also knowledge of O365 products, Mail/Exchange, Windows OS, O365 portal and license management is a must.
The role will be highly visible to the organisation's most senior leadership and therefore a strong customer focus coupled with robust technical skills will be essential. You will lead the organization's efforts to migrate its existing on-premise AD into a cloud-based Azure AD solution and act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Microsoft products as well as demonstrate a powerful understanding of the Microsoft product family and help exploit our investment in that area.
You will also be expected to help manage other services incl. Kandji, OKTA and Google Workspace as well as have the skills to not just carry out extensive troubleshooting across our systems but also coach more junior members of the team to assist you. You will be expected to also have strong documentation skills and the ability to explain complex technical details to wider and senior stakeholders which may often include those with less technical knowledge.
As a member of Zepz Global Digital Workplace team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Global Digital Workplace Manager, you will:
- Expert level experience supporting on-premise and cloud based Active Directory and the wider Microsoft Application stack incl. O365, Mail/Exchange, Windows OS and InTune.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT Operations Team for technical issues primarily covering the Microsoft services stack.
- Expert level knowledge of the administration of the above systems, including experience of AD migrations, end-user, device and application management.
- Experience with Kandji, PDQ Deploy, OKTA, G-Suite and Workato would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of various IT systems including email, document storage, identity, device management.
- Strong knowledge of best practices around data security and identity management.
- Demonstrate strong technical acumen and troubleshooting skills with the ability to coach junior colleagues and bring a strong technical maturity to the wider Corp IT team.
- Have strong documentation skills and be able to articulate technical aspects to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- This role is located in UK / US
What you bring to the table:
- A people focussed mindset with a “can-do, will-do” attitude.
- Outgoing with strong documentation, communication skills, champion new initiatives and “think outside the box” with creativity.
- A self-starter who picks up new technologies quickly and does not shy away from a new challenge or unforeseen tasks.
- Appreciate the working environment of a global organization incl. Diverse cultures and backgrounds that many of Zepz workforce originate from.
- Not just accept the status-quo but challenge how we do things and bring fresh business beneficial ideas to the table and see them through
- Professional certifications being desirable i.e. Azure Administrator, AWS Certified, Google Certifications etc.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.
Something looks off?