Cloud Network Engineer
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled Cloud Network Engineer with experience in Cisco networks, Cato, Google BeyondCorp and AWS networking. As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud network infrastructure to ensure it is secure, scalable, and highly available.
You understand our overall systems architecture and are able to drive swift resolution of incidents by coordinating and with various technical teams. (DevOps, Infrastructure, Engineering, Suppliers …) You have experience in automation and will drive improvement to streamline monitoring, alerting and incident resolution processes, in collaboration with our DevOps, SRE, and Engineering teams.
We use a modern DevOps and SRE tech stack –Jenkins, K8s, Harness, AppDynamics, Python, Terraform, and Agile working practices to get the job done.
As a member of Zepz Global Digital Workplace team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Global Digital Workplace Manager, you will:
- Design and implement cloud network infrastructure across multiple cloud platforms such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage network performance and optimise network traffic to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Develop and maintain network architecture and documentation for our cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure network solutions meet business requirements.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement network security best practices, including firewall management, intrusion detection and prevention, and network segmentation.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in cloud networking.
- Participate in an oncall/shift rotation
- Use code to solve problems. configuration, infrastructure, tooling, and automation, everything must be solved by writing high quality code that performs and scales.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices, such as least privilege and encryption at rest and in transit.
- Provide input in Post Incident Review / Post Mortem and take initiative in order to prevent and reduce incidents
- This role is located in UK / US
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Experience with Web Application Firewall (WAF) technologies, such as AWS WAF or Cloud flare WAF.
- Strong experience in deploying and supporting cloud network technologies around SD-WAN, MPLS, and public Internet technologies while abiding by industry’s best practices.
- Strong experience with VLANs, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, QoS, BGP, OSPF, multicast, VRF, EIGRP, besides Metro Ethernet and MPLS connectivity, and application layer firewall deployment and fixing. Professionals should be conversant with networking monitoring tools, such as Wireshark or Solarwinds Orion, and WAN optimisation appliances.
- Hands-on experience of Cloud infrastructure and platform services such as AWS, Google Cloud & Azure
- Knowledge of DNS and its impact on network security and performance.
- Understanding of traffic ingress and egress patterns and how to secure and optimise them.
- Experience with network segmentation and micro segmentation to isolate and secure different parts of the network.
- A skilled Engineer. At least 5 years in Cloud Infrastructure & Network Infrastructure with a keen interest in solving problems using automation.
- Strong knowledge of Network Infrastructures incl. Cisco, Meraki, Google BeyondCorp, AWS and Azure Networking, Checkpoint, F5 and similar systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to take ownership of issues.
- Systematic problem-solving approach. You should have an understanding of how to analyse, and troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Bonus points if you:
- Experience in Scripting languages such as Python, Bash and PowerShell
- Certifications in cloud technologies, network infrastructures and network security are desirable.
- Experience working for a Digital company, delivering real time transactional services (Finance/regulated) is preferred.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.
Something looks off?