Team Manager, Customer Care
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
As a customer service expert, the team manager oversees the team management procedures. This role requires strong drive in assisting customers to ensure the trust and confidence is retained. Adept at developing and establishing procedures and policies governing customer correspondence and the handling of customer complaints and ensures that the day-to-day operations and initiatives are understood and supported. Efficient at promoting and leading personal development initiatives both from an individual and team perspective during performance touchbase and reviews.
What you will own:
Reporting to the (Manager - Customer Contact Centre), you will:
- Monitor, report, and manage team performance.
- Understand key performance metrics, and how to influence them.
- Take part in the recruitment, induction, and training of team members.
- Frequently coach and train and give feedback to the agents in your team and others in the center to effectively raise engagement, support development, and get the best out of your people.
- Manage performance issues as necessary.
- Understand Company systems and processes.
- Provide guidance and where necessary decide whether to release or hold transactions, accept IDs, or mark transactions as fraud, or refer to Compliance Team.
- Handle escalated customers’ complaints either by phone or email to ensure customer’s trust is recovered and the right experience delivered.
- Work with Workforce Manager to agree leave, shift swaps or other scheduling changes, and manage agent availability.
- Ensure staff are always up-to-date with updates/alerts/notifications from management.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the staff including supervising break times to ensure sufficient cover at all times, reporting absences and monitoring lateness.
- Support other teams by floor-walking and frequent personal engagement with all agents.
- Ensure staff understand the team’s daily objectives in terms of case, as well as the Company goals and the CS role in achieving them.
- Ensure team adherence to company policies and standards.
- When working during these times, liaise with Denver team managers to manage overnight and weekend shift priorities for both teams.
- Report any systems issues to relevant personnel overnight or at weekends.
- Ensure customer queries - via all channels - and transactions are resolved efficiently and within agreed timeframes.
- Manage and review absenteeism, and lateness ensuring return to work and exit interviews are completed.
- Manage regular performance reviews to ensure individual, team and company targets are achieved.
- Maintain a positive team spirit which supports teamwork and inspires others.
- Continuously act as a role model to your team in living WorldRemit’s values.
- Manage effective on-boarding and knowledge transfer to new members of your team.
- Actively suggest opportunities to improve processes to become more efficient and improve customer experience.
- Serve as positive member of the leadership team, identifying issues, contributing ideas/solutions and supporting the team in all actions.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out additional duties in order to support the business needs.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 4 years of previous experience building and leading teams of 4-10 people
- Fluent written & spoken English with excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skill
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.
Something looks off?