Senior Business Analyst - Neobanking
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
Your key areas of focus
The Remittance+ team leads the charge for standing up new product verticals outside of our core remittance product that can serve as future growth drivers of the company. As Senior Business Analyst of this product domain, you will enable the critical analytics capabilities of the team, including defining key metrics of product performance, taking a hands-on quantitative approach to bringing unparalleled insights on user behaviour, and provide data-driven recommendations that ultimately influence how the team executes every day and invests in growth.
We are growing fast (yes, even now) and at a stage where we want to move fast with high stability, so you’ll have to be comfortable with making progress with incomplete or imperfect information.
We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including behavioural measurement, A/B testing, and ongoing tracking of our progress in sustaining business growth. If you enjoy building new solutions and helping businesses achieve a new level of scale, this is a great opportunity!
In the first few month, you can expect to
- Define key metrics, build intuitive dashboards, and establish regular reporting rhythms for our Product and stakeholder teams
- Maintain a constant pulse on general health of the business & product by automating KPI reporting and conducting investigations of key trends and their underlying drivers (e.g., product usage, funnel, and cohort analysis)
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Design, and other teams to ideate, test, and launch new initiatives that are part of the identified roadmaps; lead experimentation from design to analyzing results that inform go/no-go launch decisions
- Apply your business acumen and analytics techniques on ambiguous business problems to unearth areas of opportunity and size potential impact
- Provide technical advice to the team on data availability, gathering methods and timeline for different projects
- Take ownership of other process improvement initiatives for the team to level up efficiency, automation and accuracy in data gathering and visualization
What it takes to catch our eye
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems and embrace failure as a means to improving the business as yourself
- Are adaptable and can change your strategy quickly based on new information
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with a strong focus on user success
- Attentive to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with different teams and all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience with data and analysis, with the ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple and actionable insights using spreadsheet modeling and SQL (Python is a plus)
- Experience with visualization tools like Looker, Tableau or equivalent
Bonus points if you have:
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or technical field such as statistics, economics, engineering, or computer science
- Experience working with product teams in tech/fintech
- Hands-on experience in A/B testing and experimentation with history of arriving at conclusive results
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to collaborate with the rest of the team to build solutions
- An open mind with respect to diversity and inclusivity. Our team (and customers) come from all over the world.
- A familiarity with any of the communities we serve
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.