Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting (Compliance and Regulatory)
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
The role requires a technically strong individual who will proactively contribute towards improvement in compliance and regulatory related financial reporting across the group.
Good communication will be particularly important given the close interaction with senior leadership and dealing with various stakeholders across other functions, including but not limited to Compliance; Financial Control; Financial Operations; Safeguarding; Legal; SOX/Internal Control; Internal Audit; and External Audit. A passion for transformation and proactively driving improvement across the function and wider business will also be key.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Manager – Financial Reporting (Compliance & Regulatory), you will:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for compliance and regulatory related financial reporting and submissions
- Support in the production of group and standalone financial statements for external reporting purposes
- Support in the assessment of current best practice and horizon scanning for new regulations and compliance requirements that might impact financial reporting submissions
- Support in the preparation of a procedure document / manual, ensuring jurisdiction-specific requirements are also adequately addressed and monitored
- Research and make proposals as to where reporting developments, including the issue of new standards, regulations and best practice reporting, can be used to enhance the group’s external and internal regulatory and compliance related financial reporting without exposing the group to ill-thought out analysis
- Support departments and key stakeholders on financial reporting related compliance and regulatory matters, including for example, external audits and regulator-led examinations
- Assist on transformation and process improvement projects and initiatives across the function
- Support the implementation of appropriate internal controls across the function
- Provide cover to the Safeguarding team when support in performing the daily safeguarding calculation is required
- Apply a challenger mindset to help drive improvements and contribute towards creating a high-performing, best-in-class function; and
- Be a doer that seeks to constantly improve and implement best practice within the function, driving improvement in performance through your own ways of working, and delivering work of a high standard whilst demonstrating “what good looks like”.
What you bring to the table:
- CPA/ACA/ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent), with good technical accounting knowledge and understanding of IFRS and US GAAP (with additional local GAAP knowledge beneficial);
- Continuous improvement mindset with high attention to detail and a passion for transformation and resolving issues
- Deadline driven with a focus on “no surprises”
- Diligent with an attitude of “right first time” and emphasis on self-review
- Team player that is collaborative, proactive and able to work across teams in Compliance, Finance (and beyond) to drive deliverables and process improvement
- Passionate about developing new skills and expertise, and comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Good communicator and fluent in English (written & oral)
- Strong Excel skills, and knowledge of NetSuite or comparable general ledger system preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment beneficial
- Experience of SOX/Internal controls beneficial
Bonus points if you have:
- Investigative mind
- Inquisitive attitude
- Audit practice & financial service background is a plus
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.